How To Apply For Undergraduates Scholarships For Nigerians At University of SheffieldExampulse Writer
University Of Sheffield Scholarships
The University of Sheffield is also known as a public research university which aims at giving support to international students. The scholarship is for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship. Check other scholarships in Nigeria that offer that option. The University of Sheffield has been welcoming students from Nigeria for many years, also putting in mind the Nigerian education system and qualifications. The university is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Nigeria who show exceptional academic potential through an automatic fee discount fee when they apply to any of the full-time taught undergraduate or postgraduate degree courses in the university. Nigerian students also get the chance to apply for the Transform Together Scholarships – which is exclusively for international and European Union (non-UK) students starting a full-time taught course at Sheffield Hallam University.
Eligibility For The University Of Sheffield Scholarships
To qualify for a scholarship at the University of Sheffield, students have:
- have received an academic offer study a full-time undergraduate course the University of Sheffield.
- Students must be self-funding and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- You must not have previously studied at Sheffield Hallam.
- You must not be a sponsored student
- A*AA grades at A Level (or equivalent) or higher. You can apply with lower predicted grades but you must get the above or higher to receive the scholarship. If your qualifications are from before 2010 then we’ll accept AAA at A Level.
- Need to be eligible for a maintenance loan from Student Finance and have a household income of below £50,000.
- You must commence your studies of an undergraduate degree or foundation degree in one of the following departments at the University of Sheffield:
Automatic Control & Systems Engineering, Chemical & Biological Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Interdisciplinary Programmes Office (IPO) – Aerospace Engineering, Bioengineering, MEng Engineering.
How Are Candidates Selected For The University Of Sheffield Scholarship?
The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no scholarship application is required in the first or any subsequent years. Having met the eligibility and award criteria, the scholarship will be guaranteed in the first year of study. The award is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
How To Apply For The University Of Sheffield Scholarship?
You do not need to apply separately for the discount. As a Nigerian, if you are accepted into an undergraduate or postgraduate course of study at SHU, a discount will be applied to you automatically and applied at the point of application and confirmed in the offer letter you receive from the University. To apply for an undergraduate course, you can apply either through UCAS or directly to SHU by contacting
firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
To apply for a postgraduate course, you should complete the postgraduate application form and your two referees should complete and send the reference form. Visit the website on how to apply for this scholarship.