NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship: Eligibility, Requirements & How To ApplyExampulse Writer
About NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship
NDDC is a short form for Niger Delta Development Commision wishes to announce NDDC Foreign Postgraduate scholarship programme to the general public. In a bid to promote the fast, balanced and sustainable development of the Niger Delta Region and transform it into an economically prosperous, ecologically regenerative, socially stable and last but not least politically peaceful region, NDDC was established in the year 2000.
As part of Human Resource Development initiatives; NDDC began a Foreign Postgraduate scholarship programme for the purpose of equipping indigenes of Niger Delta with important skills and training required for effective participation in the Local content programme of the present Administration and also to compete worldwide in different professional fields.
Eligibility For NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship
Eligible for this scholarship are candidates with relevant Masters or Bachelor’s degree from approved universities in the professional courses listed below;
- Environmental Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
Requirements For NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2nd class lower division in their first degree in the case of those applying for masters’ degree while Ph.D. candidates must have a good masters’ degree from a university that is recognized
- Applicants must have already gotten admission into a Foreign university for a Postgraduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
- Applicants who are already students in schools overseas are NOT eligible for this scholarship programme.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
- You will not be considered for this scholarship if you have previous criminal record or evidence of being a member of a cult.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
Click here to download NDDC Scholarship aptitude test questions and answers
How To Apply For NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship
- The application must be made online at the Commission’s website. You should have the following documents ready;
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Recent passport photograph
- Relevant Degrees from a recognized University.
- Post Graduate Admission Letter from a recognized Overseas University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Once you have completed the application form successfully, a registration number will be automatically designated for your form.
- Ensure you print the hard copy of the online generated acknowledgment for ease of reference.
Take Note Of The Following;
- Only candidates who were shortlisted for the CBT that is, Computer Based Test and those invited for the oral interview will the commission communicate with.
- Candidates from oil-bearing or oil-producing regions/local government will be favored provided that the candidate meets the required cut off mark.
- You will neither be allowed to Defer admission nor change institution. You will not also be allowed to change course.
- The commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select applicants in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. the decision of the commission in this regard is final.
- Be rest assured that there will be a fair distribution of the courses among beneficiaries within each state.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website.
That is all about the NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship. You might want to check out other Scholarships in Nigeria.