OFID Scholarship Award for International Students: Eligibility, Requirements And How To ApplyExampulse Writer
OFID Scholarship Award for International Students
OFID’s (OPEC Fund For International Development) Scholarship Program is awarding scholarships to exceptionally bright youngsters from developing countries who desire to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world. OFID scholarships will be awarded to four students or candidates for master’s degree studies. Through the OFID scholarship scheme, OFID desires to motivate strong-willed individuals by helping them overcome the challenge of getting a quality education at no cost. OFID is accepting applications from qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the brink of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree.
Eligibility For The OFID Scholarship Programme
- Applicants must be from a developing country except for OFID Member Countries. Nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela)
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the new academic year, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
- He/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
- There is no minimum requirement of English proficiency to apply for the Scholarship Award. However, applicants must fill out their applications and write their application essays in English.
Documents Required For The OFID Scholarship Award
These are the documents an applicant must submit to be considered for the OFID scholarship:
- LOR: Two recommendation Letters are required. If present university/employer wants to send their recommendation letters directly to OFID, they may do so via email at email@example.com, as long as they ensure that applicant name is included in the subject line of the email
- Essay: The body of the essay you are writing should contain reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship; explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.(max 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Passport Photograph
- A scanned letter of acceptance from a selected educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program.
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university (or present employer).
- University Degree/ Certificate
- Letter of Acceptance from the University
How To Apply For The OFID International Scholarship
To apply for the OFID Scholarship, ensure you follow these steps.
STEP 1: Be sure you have fulfilled the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria and all necessary documents are ready for submission.
STEP 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. You can log onto the portal as many times as required before submitting the application.
STEP 3: Fill out the application form. Ensure you save data each time you update your application. Once logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data.
Note, do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process.
STEP 4: Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into the postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
STEP 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
Method Of Applicants Selection
Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed on it.
Tips For Successful Selection For The OFID Scholarship
To stand a chance of securing the OFID Scholarship, here are some things you should consider.
- Making your application as appealing as possible. Ensure your ideas are well represented and documented.
- Be sure your essay contains how you intend to give back to the community.
- Choose referees carefully.
- Crosscheck your application. Remember you will not be allowed to make corrections should there be mistakes.