Griffith International Scholarship For African Nationals: Application, Eligibility and RequirementsExampulse Writer
The Griffith International Scholarship For African Nationals
The Griffith international undergraduate excellence scholarship aims at encouraging academically good students from diverse nations. It is one of Australia’s most all-encompassing scholarship programmes to reward excellence. The Griffith University offers several scholarships that provide tuition payment and living expenses during your time of study at the university. Are you from any of these countries: Africa, Canada, Denmark, France, and Germany? Then you are the main target!
Similar to some other scholarships in Nigeria, The Griffith international scholarships for Africa are set to offer scholarships to students from any African nation, presently residing in Africa and are planning to kick-start their studies at Griffith University.
Eligibility For The Griffith International Scholarship
Scholarships will only be available to applicants who:
- Are citizens of any African nation, and currently residing in Africa.
- Candidates who have applied to Griffith University and who satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree programme, including results of previous tertiary level studies, secondary school level studies and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s Admission Policy for Undergraduate or Postgraduate (coursework) Programmes.
- Are enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree programme,
OR a postgraduate degree programme,
OR a research/ Ph.D. programme at Griffith University.
- Have a minimum GPA or equivalent in previous studies for undergraduate degree applicants. Please refer to minimum GPA criteria (PDF). Postgraduate coursework applicants must have a minimum GPA in undergraduate studies of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 5.5 on a 7.0 scale.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in a postgraduate coursework degree in Trimester 3 2018, or Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2019 at Griffith University.
Assessment Format For Griffith University Scholarship
Applicants will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing dates.
- Academic merit in prior studies. Applicants must provide a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement that explains why the candidate has chosen to apply to the school. It should also contain the selected program of study. The personal statement should be between 250 and 500 words.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the candidate’s academic merit, exhibited leadership traits, and personal character.
Requirements For The Griffith International Scholarship
Requirements for English Language
This applies to international applicants. If your previous study was done in a different language, you will be required to take an English language test to meet the English language requirements for your degree.
Below are the English language tests you are to sit for, to meet the English language requirements:
IELTS: minimum score of 6.5, with no subscore less than 6.0
TOEFL: a minimum score of 575 or
Internet-based (IBT) A a score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
Pearson Test of English (Academic): an overall score of 58 with no score less than 50
ISLPR: no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR
Undergraduates Academic Entry Requirements For Griffith University
The school requires the completion of secondary school, similar to Australian Year 12.
Postgraduate Academic Entry Requirements For Griffith University
For standard entry into most master degrees, you must hold a bachelor degree or higher (or equivalent) from a recognized university. You must also meet minimum Grade Point Average entry requirements.
Research Academic Entry Requirements For Griffith University
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.):
A bachelor degree (or equivalent) with class I honors or class IIA honors; or a master degree (or equivalent) entailing a recognized research.
A record of research given by a professional or another body which is considered to be of standard comparable to a bachelor degree with class IIA honors.
Master of Philosophy ( MPhil):
a bachelor degree (or equivalent) with at least class IIB honors entailing a recognized research component; or
a record of research, or a qualification given by a professional or another body which is considered to be of standard comparable to a bachelor degree with class IIB honors.
How To Apply For Griffith Scholarship
- Choose the degree: there are several study options for you, all you need do is select one best for you.
- Meet The Entry Requirements
Be sure you meet the academic and English language entry requirements in the degree. However, if you do not meet the entry requirements, you may want to consider a pathway option.
- Be Sure You Are Eligible For Good Credit:
If you are a candidate that already has formal qualifications or relevant work experience, you should be eligible to get credit that reduces the duration of your study. To apply, fill in details of your qualification or work experience in the ‘credit for previous study’ section while submitting your application.
Documents Required For The Griffith Scholarship
- A certified copy of your academic results (translated into English if applicable)
- A certified copy of your English test results (if available)
- If you are applying for a music or visual arts degree you should submit a portfolio of work, or audition.
Documents Required For Griffith Scholarship Sponsored Students
Your documents as a sponsored student should contain:
- programmes being supported
- duration of support
- Tuition fees and overseas student health cover.
- To certify your results, a Justice of the Peace or a lawyer, policeman, solicitor, embassy official must sign and stamp your original copies of documents.