Undergraduate and Postgraduate PTDF Scholarships 2018 | Eligibility and Application
About PTDF Scholarships
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), a Federal Government agency with the mission to develop indigenous petroleum technology and human capacity to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and Ph.D. Scholarships to specific programmes at selected Institutions in the United Kingdom.
The PTDF Scholarship Scheme for UK Universities will offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions in the United Kingdom.
Under this programme, candidates are allowed to apply through PTDF to a course at partner institutions in the United Kingdom (full list of sponsored courses is available below). The provision of flight tickets, payment of tuition, bench fees (where applicable), payment of health insurance, provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expense are included in the award.
As part of its efforts to keep improving and streamline its scheme, the number of partner universities in the UK has been reduced to 15 top universities (see list below) where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and the objectives of the scheme will be best served. Applications will, therefore, be limited to those choices and successful candidates will be awarded scholarships.
Eligibility/Requirements For PTDF Scholarships
For candidates applying for MSc Programmes
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
2. Must be computer literate
3. Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
4. Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.
For candidates applying for PhD Programmes
1. A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
2. Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
3. Must be computer literate
4. Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology, and mode of data collection
5. Applicants must also include their master’s degree project.
PTDF Scholarship Test Format
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for PTDF Scholarship aptitude test.
The PTDF Exam is handled by Flexisaf with questions for, Local M.Sc Awards, Local Undergraduate Awards, Oversea M.Sc and Ph.D. Awards. Exam questions are divided into 2 parts. Part 1 contains English language and questions are drawn from Nigerian and major landmarks in foreign current affairs, issues in the oil and gas sector. Part 2 has to do with your course of study in relation to oil and gas.
How To Prepare For PTDF Scholarship Test
To do well in this test it is important that you know how to prepare for scholarship tests and one essential way to do that is to practise very well using past questions. Practising beforehand is very essential, this will familiarise you with the kind of questions to expect. if you’ve done enough practice, you will go to the assessment center with enough confidence. Do not think of cheating in the exam hall.d accurate in answering questions. The test is timed, so you need to be fast. Do not waste too much time on questions that are difficult for you to answer. Download complete PTDF Scholarship aptitude test Past Questions and solutions.
You might find the following links helpful:
- Surefire Hints To Blast Your Next Logical Reasoning Test
- 8 Tips To Easily Pass Numerical Reasoning Tests
- How To Pass Verbal Reasoning Aptitude Test
A list of shortlisted candidates for interview will be released. These people will then face a board of 4 interviewers for the final selection process. I have previously written about PTDF Scholarship interview. Do well to check it out!.
PTDF scholarships are very competitive and candidates the board would select are those who are outstanding. A committee of selected people will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
- Academic merit showing the quality of degrees, complete academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and important publications to be referenced by the applicant (PhD applicants only)
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Membership of professional bodies
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and impact it’s expected to have on national development.