New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS): How To Apply, Eligibility and Requirements.Exampulse Writer
New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS)
The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships provides financial support for international students undertaking PhD study at New Zealand universities. The New Zealand International scholarship seeks to make the research capability of New Zealand tertiary providers as large as possible. Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities: AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington. Read further to have knowledge on how to apply, eligibility criteria, how candidates are selected, documents required and important tips that can help you get selected for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship
To be eligible for the New Zealand International scholarship ( NZIDRS) applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
1. Candidate must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post-graduate tertiary qualification.
2. Candidate must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university.
3. Candidate must conduct their PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. Meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand university. This includes; having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency.
5. Candidate must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
Candidate Selection Method For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
Applicants for the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships are usually awarded scholarships based on the academic greatness and the significance of the forthput research for New Zealand. Owing to these yardsticks, to be awarded the New Zealand scholarship, an applicant’s research projects should display a palpable and positive effect on:
- New Zealand’s economy as regards the international trade and business development in major sectors.
- New Zealand’s population as regards terms of health and safety.
- Research and scholarship in any of the given two areas above.
To Increase Your Chances Of Getting The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship, it is important you do the following:
These documents must be submitted alongside their application form.
- Verify the suitability of the project you wish to research on.
- Prove that you are the best applicant for the project by demonstrating with a clear understanding, the research context and objectives.
- Submit a strong research proposal that demonstrates the originality, value and practicality of your ideas.
- An applicant’s project should be rich with a justified research question, refined critical engagement with relevant literature.
- Ensure any required supporting documents are submitted with your application.
- IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE certificate.
Documents Required For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
- Applicant’s research proposal.
- Transcripts of your previous/current study.
- References in support of your publication.
- Passport and citizenship certificate.
- Curriculum vitae ( CV)
How To Apply For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
- Download and complete an NZIDRS Application Form. Click here to access the Scholarship application form.
- Answer all questions by completing all fields and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand.