New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS): How To Apply, Eligibility and Requirements.Exampulse Writer
New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS)
The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships provide financial support for international students undertakingPh.D.study at New Zealand universities. The New Zealand International scholarship seeks to make the research capability of New Zealand tertiary providers as large as possible. If you are granted the NZIDRS scholarship, you’ll be able to complete yourPh.D. study in 8 universities in New Zealand. These include:
- University of Canterbury,
- University of Auckland,
- AUT University,
- Lincoln University,
- Victoria University of Wellington.
- Massey University,
- University of Waikato,
- University of Otago,
Read further to have knowledge on how to apply, eligibility criteria, how candidates are selected, documents required and important tips that can help you get selected for the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship
To be eligible for the New Zealand International scholarship ( NZIDRS) applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
1. You must have a GPA of 3.7 on a scale of 4.0. What this means is if you grading system in your post-graduate tertiary institution is higher than a 4.0, you need to scale it down to 4.0. And if it’s lower, you need to scale it up. So, if your GPA is currently 4.7 of 5.0, scaling it down to a 4.0 scale means you have a 3.76 on a 4.0 scale. If your institution doesn’t work on a GPA grading system, you must then have an average of As or A+ in your highest or most recent PG tertiary qualification.
2. You must be able to complete your PhD study in New Zealand, distance learning isn’t supported.
3. You must have confirmed an offer at one of the universities in New Zealand. Your offer must also include a direct entry into the university of choice.
4. Whatever University that you decide to attend in New Zealand, you must meet their minimum requirements for direct entry into their Ph.D. programme. This includes but is not limited to passing their English Language competency test.
5. With the most recent update, the scholarship programme also requires that you aren’t a citizen of New Zealand or Australia
Candidate Selection Method For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
Applicants for the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships are usually awarded scholarships based on academic greatness and the significance of the forthput research for New Zealand. Owing to these yardsticks, to be awarded the New Zealand scholarship, an applicant’s research projects should display a palpable and positive effect on:
- New Zealand’s economy as regards international trade and business development in major sectors.
- New Zealand’s population focusing on health and safety
To Increase Your Chances Of Getting The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship, it is important you do the following:
These documents must be submitted alongside their application form.
- Verify the suitability of the project you wish to research.
- Prove that you are the best applicant for the project by demonstrating with a clear understanding, the research context, and objectives.
- Submit a strong research proposal that demonstrates the originality, value, and practicality of your ideas.
- An applicant’s project should be rich with a justified research question, refined critical engagement with relevant literature.
- Ensure any required supporting documents are submitted with your application.
- IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE certificate.
Documents Required For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
- Applicant’s research proposal.
- Transcripts of your previous/current study.
- References in support of your publication.
- Passport and citizenship certificate.
- Curriculum vitae ( CV)
How To Apply For The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
- The scholarship is provided by the government of New Zealand through Education New Zealand Trust, so you need to first download the NZIDRS Application form from the website.
- Complete the form by filling all fields with your correct information.
- Finally, submit the form along with other required documents stated on the form to Education New Zealand Trust.
Leave a Reply